Wednesday 28 April 2010

Grey and Wiser... I mean whiter

Interior designer Alice Cottrell was interviewed by Elle Decor and explained how she turned her cramped apartment into a chic, free-flowing space. The conclusion and advice that we can get from the article are:
• To create a spacious feeling, Cottrell cleaned house. She removed all interior doors and thresholds, raised doorways to the ceiling, and paved the entire unit in waxed concrete to maintain visual flow.
• Allowing a single fabric to dominate the decoration is another visual trick. Cottrell chose a velvety material to cover two primary pieces of furniture—a custom-designed sofa and Eero Saarinen’s classic Womb chair. The home’s grey-and-white palette enhances the open atmosphere too.
• Completing renovations over time can be easier on your wallet. “I figured out what I needed to change as I became more familiar with the apartment,” Cottrell says. “And doing the work in phases allowed me to save for what I really wanted. I used $30 rolling racks for my clothes until I could afford my Poliform closet.”

Professional advice is extremely important, a mistake or lack of a simple technique can affect your project and your pocket, we can introduce you to professionals who will deliver your dream room without the hassle.

Source: Elle Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment